"Understanding the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 in California"
Lorman Education Services
February 23, 2006 - Los Angeles, California
Kathleen March was recently asked to teach for a one-day seminar that was designed to teach new lawyers, paralegals, and collectors about the changes and updates to Bankruptcy Laws in California. The conference, held February 23, 2006, was offered by Lorman Education Services as continuing education for legal professionals.
During her afternoon teaching session, Ms. March taught for three hours on the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 and other related bankruptcy subjects important to legal professionals, as well as debtors and creditors. Her seminars included:
- Overview Of The Many Bad Things For Consumers Under The New Law And The One Good Change
- New Restrictions On The Bankruptcy Automatic Stay
- Enhanced Personal Liability Exposure Of Consumer Debtor Attorneys Under BAPCPA 2005 And How Advising Consumer Clients To Do Legal Things Is Illegal
- New Laws MEANS TESTING FORMULA For Consumer Bankruptcy Cases
- New Provisions Regarding Debtor Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyers Are "Debt Relief Agencies" And What They Have To Do Because Of That Designation
- The Additional Things Consumer Debtors And Their Attorneys Have To Do To Comply With BAPCPA 2005: Mandatory Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling, Mandatory During Case Debtor Financial Education, Multiple Additional Documents Required
- Possible Techniques For Consumer Debtor Bankruptcy Lawyers To Use To Soften Effect Of BAPCPA 2005
Free First Consult to Tell You if We Can Help You
Phone Us at (310) 559-9224
March IS A TRIPLE CERTIFIED BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST ATTORNEY: In addition to being a former US Bankruptcy Judge, Attorney March is a triple certified bankruptcy specialist attorney. March is certified as a bankruptcy specialist attorney by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. In addition, March is certified by the American Board of Certification (nationwide certification) as both a consumer bankruptcy specialist attorney, and as a business bankruptcy specialist attorney. Very few attorneys are triple certified bankruptcy specialists. Many attorneys who claim to be “bankruptcy attorneys” are not certified by the California State Bar, or by the American Board of Certification, or by any specialist certifying agency at all.
The Bankruptcy Law Firm
10524 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone: (310) 559-9224
Fax: (310) 559-9133
The Bankruptcy Law Firm
Fill In and Submit this form.
An attorney client relationship is not established by submitting this initial contact information to our office.
You can contract with The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC, with confidence, because The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC is a member of the Better Business Bureau, and has met all requirements for being certified by the Better Business Bureau as a reliable business. Click on the BBB logo above to confirm The Bankruptcy Law Firm's certification by the BBB.