Debt Relief Agency Notice - Bankruptcy Los Angeles
The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC , Los Angeles is a federally defined Debt Relief Agency, which Means this Law Firm Can Represent You in filing a Bankruptcy Case for You in US Bankruptcy Court, in which you can seek to Discharge (Make Permanently Unenforceable Against You) Credit Card, Medical and Certain Additional Types of Unsecured Debts; and The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC Makes the Following Debt Relief Agency Disclosures to an Assisted Person Debt Relief Agency Disclosures to an Assisted Person
You have contacted The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC, 524 W. Pico Blvd, Suite 212, Los Angeles, CA 90064, by visiting our Law Firm website, or by phoning our Law Firm at (310) 559-9224, regarding the possibility of your filing a personal bankruptcy case for you as an individual consumer debtor, or for you and your spouse as individual consumer debtors.
The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC (“Law Firm”) is owned and operated by attorney Kathleen P. March, who is a former US Bankruptcy Judge of the Central District of California. Law Firm’s practice is representing individual and small business debtors in pre-bankruptcy consults, preparing and filing bankruptcy cases for individual and small business debtors who contract with Law Firm for bankruptcy legal representation.
This Law Firm represents debtors who wish to file bankruptcy cases in any of the five divisions of the US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, which is the area covered by Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Santa Barbara County, and the southern half of San Luis Obispo County.
You can go to our Law Firm website, www.BKYLAWFIRM.com, for more detailed information on services this Law Firm offers to debtor clients. You can phone our Law Firm at (310) 559-9224 to set up an appointment to enter into a written contract with our Law Firm for our Law Firm to prepare and file a bankruptcy case for you in US Bankruptcy Court of the Central District of California.
“Credit Counseling”, “debt management” and other “credit card payment plans” do NOT give the debtor a right to seek a discharge of debt. ONLY by filing bankruptcy in the US Bankruptcy Court does an individual have a right to seek to discharge of debt. A discharge in bankruptcy makes credit card, medical and certain other types of unsecured debts, permanently unenforceable against debtor, so that you will never have to pay those discharged debts, and the creditors you owe those debts to cannot phone you, write you, dun you, sue you, garnish your wages, or take any other act ever again to try to collect the discharged debt from you.
This Law Firm is a Debt Relief Agency as defined by federal law, meaning that if you contract with this Law Firm to do so, this Law Firm will prepare and file a bankruptcy case for you in United States Bankruptcy Court, so that you can seek to discharge your credit card, medical and certain other types of unsecured debts, to seek to make those debts unenforceable against you personally forever.
This Law Firm will only represent you in preparing and filing a bankruptcy case for you if you and we enter into a written contract for bankruptcy legal services, signed by you and by this Law Firm, and you pay this Law Firm the amount stated in that written contract for your bankruptcy legal services.
Section 527 of the US Bankruptcy Code requires a Debt Relief Agency such as this Law Firm to provide an assisted person with the following information:
- A Notice per 11 USC §342(b), which is attached at the end hereof and contains:
- a brief description of
- Chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13 and the general purpose, benefits, and costs of proceeding under each of those chapters; and
- the types of services available from credit counseling agencies; and
- statements specifying that
- a person who knowingly and fraudulently conceals assets or makes a false oath or statement under penalty of perjury in connection with a case under this title shall be subject to fine, imprisonment, or both; and
- all information supplied by a debtor in connection with a case under this title is subject to examination by the Attorney General.
- a brief description of
- THE FOLLOWING DISCLOSURES ARE REQUIRED BY 11 USC § 527(a)(2):
- all information that the assisted person is required to provide with a petition and thereafter during a case under this title is required to be complete, accurate, and truthful;
- all assets and all liabilities are required to be completely and accurately disclosed in the documents filed to commence the case, and the replacement value of each asset as defined in § 506 must be stated in those documents where requested after reasonable inquiry to establish such value;
- current monthly income, the amounts specified in section 707(b)(2), and, in a case under Chapter 13 of this title, disposable income (determined in accordance with § 707(b)(2)) are required to be stated after reasonable inquiry; and
- information that an assisted person provides during his or her case may be audited pursuant to this title, and failure to provide such information may result in dismissal of the case under this title or other sanction, including a criminal sanction.
If you have any questions about any of these disclosures, we will be happy to provide further explanation.
- Additional disclosures are required by 11 USC §527(b), and are sent to you herewith as a separately captioned document titled “Disclosures Required by 11 USC §527(b).
The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC
We are a Debt Relief Agency as defined by federal law.
Free First Consult to Tell You if We Can Help You
Phone Us at (310) 559-9224
The Bankruptcy Law Firm
10524 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone: (310) 559-9224
Fax: (310) 559-9133
You can contract with The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC, with confidence, because The Bankruptcy Law Firm, PC is a member of the Better Business Bureau, and has met all requirements for being certified by the Better Business Bureau as a reliable business. Click on the BBB logo above to confirm The Bankruptcy Law Firm's certification by the BBB.